Why should someone want to work for you?
That’s a question that every business needs to be able to answer. If you think about the biggest brands in the world – Google, LinkedIn, KPMG – these companies and more are considered some of the best employers in the entire world, attracting some of the greatest talent.
And it’s not just because they make billions of dollars.
Why These Businesses Can Hire The Best People
The reason these businesses find the best talent – and, in all likelihood, the reason they are so successful – is because many of them have gone out of their way to brand themselves as a great employer. LinkedIn has a free cafeteria with paid chefs. Google offers “sleep pods” to help get employer approved power naps. KPMG sends summer gifts to each of its staff.
In addition, these jobs offer training, job growth, mentoring, and so much more.
From the creative to the financial, each of these companies (and many of the top employers in Australia) take time to find perks that attract great employees.
But it’s not just the perks. These companies also take the time to BRAND themselves as a great employer. There are many great companies out there that provide amazing perks. But not every company takes the time to make sure that:
- They are coming up with unique, marketable perks.
- They are taking the time to brand those perks to possible employees.
This is a mistake. Branding your company as a great place to work and marketing yourself for your quality as an employer has many benefits, including:
- They Cause Talent to Seek You Out – It’s much easier to find top talent when they’re the ones coming to you. If you’ve successfully branded yourself as a great place to work, they’ll do just that: come to you to see if there any jobs open, because they want to be a part of that team.
- They Attract Employed Passive Job Seekers – It’s not just that people will seek you out. It’s that even those that are employed, like their job, and generally aren’t looking for new work may still come to see if you have any jobs open because they know that you may still be better.
- They Positively Brand Your Business – Companies that are branded as great places to work tend to also naturally create a positive impression in customers as well. They’re seen as a “good company,” which could help you earn more revenue.
- They Improve Employee Loyalty – Once an employee is hired, those perks matter. They know that they decided to get a job with one of the most well regarded companies available. They’re going to be less likely to leave for a company that doesn’t have the same brand.
- They Help With Interviews – When someone already knows why you’re a great place to work, your interviews go better as well. You have to spend less time proving that you’re a great place to work, and more time trying to figure out if they’re the right employee for you.
- They Excite Possible Applicants – Throughout all this, it’s important to remember that your recruitment process doesn’t necessarily have to change for it to pay dividends. Job seekers that know your brand are going to be excited about the possibility of working for you, and that can help you improve who applies and who you hire.
These are only some of the many benefits of recruitment branding, and it’s something that you should strongly consider integrating into your current marketing and/or recruitment processes. The more people have heard about you being a great place to work, the more likely they are to apply to be a part of your team.